Are you Ironworker material?
If you possess the following qualities and are looking for a career that will maximize your potential, you just might have what it takes to become an ironworker.
- Do you like to be able to see the work you've done at the end of the day?
- Do you take pride in providing quality work that meets demanding standards?
- Do you like to work as part of a team?
- Do you like to work outdoors?
- Are you willing to do physically demanding work that requires you to use your mind too?
- Would you like to earn a respectable wage while going to school to learn new skills and perhaps even a college degree?
- Are you interested in a career rather than "just a job?"
- Do you enjoy new challenges?
If you're nodding your head "yes" to the questions above, we encourage you to contact us about joining our apprenticeship training program. Our apprenticeship program will provide a way to achieve the success you're looking for. Want to know more about what it means to be an apprentice? Click here.
Requirements to Enter an Ironworkers Apprenticeship Program:
- Minimum age of 18 years.
- High school diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent as specified by the local training committee.
- Good physical condition - The materials used for ironworking are heavy and bulky so above average physical strength is necessary. A sports physical is required, to be sure you are capable of performing the tasks of the trade.
- Agility and a good sense of balance are also required.
- Drug and alcohol free.
- Must meet requirements as set out in applicable citizenship laws.
- Valid driver's license and suitable transportation.
An Important Note
It is important to mention that an ironworker must be willing to work in high places, have a good sense of balance, and be alert to potential danger to themselves and others. However, the apprenticeship program includes safety training with OSHA certified instructors so that the danger is minimized.
We now accept applications online! If you are interested please take a few minutes and complete our application and we will contact you for an Informational meeting and Interview in as soon as 3 months!